Friday, April 04, 2008

Whoa!! Long Time!!

Whoa!! Long Time!!

That's what my blog seems to be saying to me. Thankfully on more pleasant terms rather than a wife confronting a husband who walked out on her ages ago which going by experience (Not Mine!!) is followed by a long monologue on the shortcomings of the man, his lack of a couple of interesting body parts that are mostly covered up and blah blah. Well, I haven't exactly got any excuses on why this blog's been silent from ages. There has been a lot of stuff to write about. But like a guy about to break up with his girl would say "It's not you,it's me". Well,the writing bug is the only bug that ain't biting me lately. Probably felt sorry for all the sores on my body.

Today was a pretty interesting day. But it kinda had a sad tinge to it. The quiz club that i belong to is kind of coming to an end. It was fun while it lasted, but now most of the members are moving on the greener pastures leaving a few of us behind while we still come to terms with what we want to do with life. They say "All good things come to an end", but sometimes you wanna just scream "Why????".

I can't exactly blame myself for feeling this way. The club had sort of become a way of life for me. I've been into quizzing since i was really young, thanks to Bournvita Quiz Contest and all those GK books my Mom used to read which i ended up reading. Then of course, all the quiz competitions in school and even now in college have kept my interest alive. The club however played a major part in me improving my quiz quotient. I learnt that quiz wasn't all simple questions and slightly distorted pictures, but also workable passages and connections and fundaes , some random , some spectacular. I myself have improved pretty substantially at figuring out the most random connects.

Today's meeting was a sort of Grand Finale, so it was held at a larger venue with the members turning out in full force. Most of them have already relocated, but came back for this final farewell. It was a fun evening of questions, answers and good food.

The rest of the day was pretty all right. Had to get some pictures taken for some ration card thing, didn't exactly follow the reason. My eyes have this tendency to water the minute i stare at a camera which occurred today as well making the photo session an ordeal. Was impressed with the fact that these guys have actually started using web cams to take snaps thus saving a load of time. Then there were the fingerprint taking thingamajigs which were seriously cool. Then of course tuitions which I've actually begun to enjoy rather than dread.

Well,that's all for the moment,guess i'll write more often sooner or later

No comments: