Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Minutes Past Midnight

One of those nights indeed. Am halfway between total depression and laughing my ass off. Yep i can be a tad schizophrenic at times. This is just one of those nights where I'm still awake when i should have been in bed atleast an hour ago. Well, Boredom and Summer don't mix. Actually if you look at it, Boredom is like lousy booze, never mixes with anything.

Actually, If i look at my situation from a more sane perspective I shouldn't be cribbing about being bored as my exams are just around the corner and the last thing i should be is bored. But then I was never much of a studious guy. I am more of a last minute guy when it comes to academics, unfortunately for me though, my group of friends isn't the same. So while they're burning the midnight oil( Not really,they study all day long and sleep all night) I'm up here penning down my thoughts about well myself and life from my perspective (Sane at times,Insane all the time).

Ironically, my talent for writing bullshit blossoms at times like this when i should be involved in something more productive like studying till my brain explodes and then some more. This is when i think to myself "Thank God I'm not in engineering or medicine". And ironically, I feel bored the most during even numbered semesters whose exams come during summer. Oddly during odd semesters I never feel this way probably because of Diwali and a whole lot of other festivals happening at the time or maybe because odd semester exams aren't taken that seriously (Yeah right!!!). Another reason could also be the fact that the weather is more agreeable at that time of year whereas now time just seems stretched like a lousy Karan Johar movie.

Exams and me have never really gotten along except for a brief glorious period when i was in PU college when i actually used to look forward to exams because i was secure in the belief that i would score well. But now, College is a totally different ball game where your expectations are inversely proportional to marks actually scored. So in such a case, my interest in studies just waned. However this time, it remains to be seen how the coming exams will go, whether i'll be left smiling at the end of it or scratching my head going "What The Fuck?". Guess i need to butter up the Gods a bit this time. Hell, at the risk of sounding gay, I say "Que Sera Sera,Whatever will be will be".

No comments: